The Aloysia leaves are also collected by the members of our Cooperative and are dried by natural methods. Aloysia is mainly used as a light sedative and tonic for the nervous system, as well as for the tratment of stomach upsets.
The exquisite aroma of Lousie, due to the many essential oils that the plant contains, is throught to have relaxing action in both the body and the spirit. According to some reports it can be used as a light sedative (anti-stress) as well as for the treatment of insomnia.
Traditionally, Louisa has been used to treat stomach upsets such as heartburn, bad degestion, colic, and diarrhea, as it is throught to have anticonvulsant activity. The Louisa has been used to treat cold, while in recent years it has been used in dietary herbal products (it is a mild diuretic).
Tea hippophaes with Aloysia has a wonderful taste and gives the body euphoria and the reuired relaxation.
The polyunsaturated fatty acids of the hippocampus increase the good cholesterol that helps the heart function well. Edible fibers are very important for proper functioning of the digestive system. Proteins and carbohydrates are essential ingredients that give us the energy necessary for everyday life Metals and trace elements contained and their properties:
- Zinc, helps in the immune system and healing the wounds.
- Potassium, dehydration, blood pressure regulation and correct λ heart function.
- Magnesium, involved in over 300 reactions in the body, energy metabolism, muscle contractions.
- Phosphorus, an essential element for any living cell.
- Chromium, which increases glycogen formation and saves glycogen during muscle activity.
The representative parts of the athletes of China and Russia at the 2008 Beijing Olympics have systematically used the natural beneficial potential of the hippophae.